Zoom is a cloud-based video conferencing service you can use to virtually meet with others - either by video, audio-only or both, all while conducting live chats. A Zoom account is not required to join a meeting as a participant. It is only required if you want to host your own meetings and send invitations to participants.
Ways to join a Zoom meeting:
- by computer/laptop via the web browser (the web browser client will download automatically when you start or join your first Zoom meeting);
- using the "Zoom Client for Meetings" desktop app (download it here);
- by tablet/smartphone via the free "Zoom Cloud Meetings" app;
- by phone if a meeting invite provides call-in numbers;
How our Zoom meetings are set up:
- On the day & time of the meeting, click the Zoom invite link that was emailed to you.
- Upon arrival, you'll be placed in a waiting room until you're admitted into the meeting by the host.
- All participants enter the meeting with their mics on mute and cameras off. If your audio or camera is not working, check your browser's or app's settings to make sure you gave Zoom permission to use your device's camera and mic/audio.
- To reduce background noise, please keep your mics on mute until otherwise needed or instructed. If possible, use headphones... this will greatly improve your voice quality in a meeting. To learn more about Zoom, feel free to visit the links and watch the video tutorials below.